Global Symposium »
Current Concepts in Treatment Planning from a North American Perspective
George Arvanitis, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID
- Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Director, Ti-Max Institute for Continuing Dental Education and the Ti-Max AAID Implant MaxiCourse®
- Private Practice, focused on reconstructive dentistry with dental implants, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Treatment planning with dental implants began as a method for replacing missing teeth and securing loose dentures. This therapy has come a long way since its humble beginnings, but have we reached the tipping point? More and more practitioners are faced with a treatment dilemma every day. Have implants become a reliable lifetime replacement for existing teeth?
Learning Objectives: At the completion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Answer the question: Can we reliably use dental implants to replace teeth or should we try to maintain the natural dentition as long as possbile?
Topics: Arvanitis, Canada, North America, Treatment planning