S5: Immediate Loading with Implant Overdentures: Marketing Hype of Clinical Reality?
Michael Scherer, DMD, MS
- Assistant Clincial Professor, Loma Linda University
- Clnical Instructor, University of Nevada - Las Vegas
- Private practice limited to prosthodontics and implant dentistry, Sonora, California
Surgical placement of dental implants for implant overdentures is predictable treatment for improving denture retention. This course aims to address the literature and the clinical reality of immediate loading concepts for traditional restoration and then focuses upon implant overdentures. This presentation also complements evidence-based publications by the speaker on this topic and presents a step-by-step understanding of when you can and cannot immediate-load overdentures. The presentation also includes strategies for diagnosis and treatment planning patient cases to ensure success.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand surgical planning and placement of overdenture implants
- Apply concepts of immediate loading of dental implants
- Recognize indications for immediate loading of overdenture implants
AGD Subject Code: 675
FEE: $99 ($119 after 9/12/17)
Limited to 30 participants
Topics: Michael D. Scherer, Overdentures, Immediate loading