Hands-on Workshops »
W18: Introduction to Piezoelectric Technology in Implant Dentistry: A Hands-on Course
- October 13, 2017, 8 am–12 pm (Pacific Standard Time)
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
1 Park Boulevard
San Diego, California 92101
Add to your calendar
John Russo, DDS, MHS
- Graduate, The Ohio State Uiversity College of Dentistry and the Medical University of South Carolina
- Diplomate, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Private practice, Sarasota, Florida
This course will demonstrate how Piezo technology is used in a dental implant practice. The course is a lecture and hands-on laboratory format. The participant will perform a lateral sinus window on a model, use the bone scraper to harvest bone and harvest a ramus graft.
At completion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Describe the advantages of Piezo technology vs. a conventional rotary instrument.
- Understand how different tips can be used for different applications.
- Know potential complications of Piezo technology when protocol is not followed.
- Describe why Piezo is more ergonomic than a traditional hand piece and rotary bur.
AGD Subject Code: 719
FEE: $199 ($219 after 9/12/17)
LIMITED TO 30 PARTICIPANTS
Topics: John Russo, DDS, MHS, Piezoelectric, Piezo technology, lateral sinus window, ramus graft, Bone