Hands-on Workshops »
W6: Peri-implantitis: Technology is the Key to Treatment
- October 11, 2017, 8 am–12 pm (Pacific Standard Time)
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
1 Park Boulevard
San Diego, California 92101
Add to your calendar
Ed Kusek, DDS, FAAID, ABOID/ID
- Honored Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Adjunct professor, University of South Dakota Dental Hygiene School
- Private practice, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Peri-implantitis is becoming a major issue as some clinicians have reported that as many as one-third of all implants placed will develope this inflammatory disease. This seminar will discuss common scenarios, literature review, current findings, and the use of different types of laser energy to treat peri-implantitis that have been successful. The participants will be given hands-on use of different types of lasers to treat implants and practice proven treatment protocol.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand treatment protocol to treat periimplantitis with use of dental lasers.
- Determine which lasers have best detoxification on the implant surface.
- Describe protocol to treat periimplantitis with biologic modifiers.
AGD Subject Code: 135
FEE: $199 ($219 if after 9/12/17)
Limited to 20 participants
Topics: Ed Kusek, DDS, Peri-implantitis, laser, treatment