Hands-on Workshops »
W21: Ridge Augmentation Solutions: Hands-on Pig Jaw
- October 13, 2017, 1:30–5:30 pm (Pacific Standard Time)
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
1 Park Boulevard
San Diego, California 92101
Add to your calendar
Suheil M. Boutros, DDS, MS, DABOI/ID
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology/ Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Dean's faculty, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor Michigan.
- Private practice, periodontal and dental implant surgery, Grand Blanc, Michigan.
Bone management is one of the key elements for achieving success in implant dentistry. Implant site development at the time of tooth extraction should be considered to prevent bone loss and allow for ideal implant placement. This presentation will demonstrate how to perform atraumatic tooth extraction and how to do socket preservation/ridge augmentation. The decision tree in selecting the appropriate grafting materials will be discussed.
The second part of the presentation will discuss how to successfully grow bone through guided bone regenration (GBR) as well as reidge expansion/split. The hands-on portion will demsontrate the type of instruments and techniques for guided bone regenration (GBR) as well as ridge expansion/split.
At completion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Perform socket preservation, flap manipulation, and suturing techniques
- Place implants in extraction sockets including the placement of Trabecular Metal implant as a Resuce Implant
- Understand Guided Bone Regeneration as well as ridge expansion/split through viewing video demonstrations
- Recognize and practice the use the appropriate armamentarium including the piezoelectric surgery necessary for those procedures during the hands-on portion of the progam
AGD Subject Code: 704
FEE: $199 ($219 after 9/12/17)
LIMITED TO 25 PARTICIPANTS
Topics: Suheil Boutros, ridge augmentation, Hands-on Workshop, pig jaw