Hands-on Workshops »
W17: Soft Tissue Management: A Hands-on Workshop Using Pig Jaws - SOLD OUT
- October 13, 2017, 8 am–12 pm (Pacific Standard Time)
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
1 Park Boulevard
San Diego, California 92101
Add to your calendar
Nicholas Caplanis, DMD,MS, FAAID
- Honored Fellow and Past President, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of of Periodontology
- Assistant Professor and part-time falculty, Graduate Program in Implant Dentistry, Loma Linda Univeristy School of Dentistry
- Private practice, limited to periodontics and dental implant surgery, Mission Viejo California
Soft tissue esthetics is a critical component of successful dental implant treatment. Advances in periodontal plastic surgery allow for the correction of soft tissue deficits and improvement of tissue esthetics around teeth, as well as implants. The lecture presentation will focus on the indications for oral plastic surgery and the techniques that can be used to enhance soft tissue esthetics before, during and after implant placement. The hands-on workshop will focus on the instruments and techniques used to harvest and apply free gingival, connective tissue, and pedicle grafts, including various suturing techniques using pig jaws.
Learning Ojectives: At the completion of thie lecture/workshop participants should be able to:
- Understand the indications and limitations of soft tissue grafting
- Perform soft tissue grafting techniques including free ginival grafts, sub-epithelial connective tissue grafts, and pedicle grafts.
- Identify the most common causes of soft tissue deficits and understand how to avoid them.
AGD Subject Code: 690
FEE: $199 ($219 after 9/12/17)
LIMITED TO 30 PARTICIPANTS
Topics: Nicholas Caplanis, DMD, MS, Sheep head, Sinus Graft, Hands-on Workshop