Main Podium »
The Use of rhBMP-2 for Alveolar Ridge Augmentation
Michael Pikos, DDS, AFAAID, DABOI/ID
- Associate Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
This presentation will focus on the use of rhBMP-2 for alveolar ridge augmentation including single tooth to full-arch. It will draw on the presenter's ten year experience with the only growth factor available that forms bone de novo.
Topics to be covered include the science of rhBMP-2, incision design, flap management, site preparation, the use of barrier membranes, and histology with long case follow up.
At completion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
1. Appreciate the science and role of rhBMP-2 for alveolar ridge reconstruction
2. Understand comprehensive recipient site development including soft tissue management for the application of rhBMP-2 for alveolar ridge reconstruction
3. Identify the complications that can occur with mesh-rhBMP-2 particulate grafting for alveolar ridge reconstruction
AGD Subject Code: 318
Topics: Soft Tissue, site preparation, Flap, ridge augmentation