Hands-on Workshops »
W5: Osseodensification: Optimize the Site - Optimize the Outcome - SOLD OUT
Bernee Dunson, DDS, FAAID, ABOID/ID
Salah Huwais, DDS, DABOI/ID
Bernee Dunson, DDS
- Honored Fellow and Treasurer, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Secretary, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Private practice, Atlanta, Georgia
Salah Huwais, DDS
- Founder, Osseodensification
- Private practice, Jackson, Michigan
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota, Dental Implant Program
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology and American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
This half-day training will minimize the learning curve and help understand the science behind Osseodensification.
The program requires 2 hours of didactic scientific education and additional 2 hours of hands-on simulation with acutal bone specimes and simulation models. This course teaches the clinical Versatility of Osseodensification utilizing the Densah® Bur Technology
1 - Compaction Autografting technique
2 - Review Densification Guide for any implant system.
3 - Site optimization utilizing the Densah® Bur to increase Implant Stability.
4 - Sub-Crestal Sinus Autografting Procedure.
5 - Densify After Cut (DAC) Protocol. (DAC)
6 - Ridge Expansion and the Plus1® Protocol.
7 - Universal Guided Surgery Protocol
Upon Completion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Understand the scientific principle of Osseodensification
i. Discuss its effect on implant stability and what it means biomechanically and histologically (BIC, Bone Volume)
ii. Describe implant micro-motion and its clinical significance.
iii. Optimize with adequate instrumentation.
2. Discuss the Biomechanical validation of Osseodensification
3. Review the Clinical and the Histological evidence of Osseodensification.
4. Optimize the Site to Predictable Outcome
5. Enhance implant practice to Create More with Less.
AGD Subject Code: 692
FEE: $199 ($219 after 9/12/17)
Limited to 30 participants
Topics: Dunson, Huwais, Vertical Bone Augmentation, posterior mandible