Hands-on Workshops »
W27: Digital Breakthrough in Implant Dentistry: Hands-on with 3D Planning, Guided Surgery & 3D Printing
- October 14, 2017, 8 am–12 pm (Central Standard Time)
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
1 Park Boulevard
San Diego, California 92101
Add to your calendar
Jonathan P. Kang, DDS
- Assistant professor, Tufts University
- Co-author, Passion & Esthetics in Implant Dentistry
- Founder, R2 Digital Laboratory
This workshop is sponsored by Neobiotech USA
Digital technology in dentistry is ever-changing. Keeping up with the latest and greatest can be a challenge for the busy practicing dentist. Mastering the digital workflow can help treat our patients better, and more efficiently. This course focuses on recent technological advantages that are now available and how these can help augment a thriving implant practice. This course will discuss new innovations in CBCT, diagnostic and planning software, intra-oral & extra-oral 3D scanners, digital laboratory and their products and lastly in-office 3D printing. An overview will be discussed regarding the recent advancements in 3D printing technology and affordable pricing that has allowed printing implant surgical guides and provisional restorations to be practical in the dental office.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Have a better understanding of recent innovations in digital dentistry, including CBCT, 3D scanners, digital laboratory and 3D printers.
2. Apply computer imaging technologies and treatment planning software to plan the most appropriate surgery and restoration.
3. Understand the practicality of fabricating a surgical guide and provisional restorations in the dental office.
4. Hands-on: drilling on a model through 3D printed surgical stent with simplified guided implant surgery system of Neo Navi
Topics: Neobiotech USA, Kang, Digital Dentistry, 3D Planning, Guided Surgery, 3D Printing